With all of the review sites online it is important that your business stay on top of what people are saying about you. One bad review, deserved or not, can cost you money in missed opportunities.
The major review sites are:
- Yelp!, the 800 pound gorilla in the review world.
- Google Places has integrated the former Hotpot into the site and are adding reviews rapidly.
- Judy’s Book is another popular site that has over one million user reviews.
- Angie’s List is a user paid site that concentrates on service businesses.
- Yahoo Local is similar to Google Places with over 50 million reviews.
- Merchant Circle is a smaller site with less accurate searches.
- Citysearch has more editorials than reviews and concentrates on restaurants and bars.
- Insider Pages, owned by Citysearch covers service businesses that Citysearch does not.
All of these sites let you claim your business listing for free and most let you respond to reviews and some like Google and Yahoo! let you add many marketing tools to their sites.
All of these sites that are applicable to your business need to be claimed and nurtured to help you create and maintain your online reputation.
For more information about these sites see the following article from PC World.